Friday, April 19, 2013

What to do if you want to send encouragement!

I know there are folks from the various internet communities I may have never met reading this but don't let that stop you!  Send encouragement!  Empowerment through anonymity!

The following is the second half of a mass email I sent out to friends and family:

This is an epic journey along the lines that dwarfs anything I've done previously so I will appreciate any and all support, encouragement and words of wisdom!  If you would like to send me something to help along the way I will hugely appreciate it and the uplifting effect on my spirits will be far greater than the cost of postage!  Please please please only send non-perishable, edible, high calorie type items.  Suggestions include cliff bars, power bars, granola bars, chocolate bars, plastic peanut butter jars, small jars of olive oil, oats, quinoa, couscous, dried fruit, beef jerky, hard sausage, dehydrated meals (mountain house makes some) or dehydrated soup mixes, trail mix or other home made but durable goodies.  I can't carry what I can't eat!  Letters, photos or other words of encouragement are also appreciated but I'll be mailing them home so they don't weigh me down!

Mailing the actual packages is a little bit complicated so I'll do my best to explain:

First make sure you only send packages with the US Postal Service,  - not UPS or Fedex and do not require signature on delivery.  Otherwise the post office, general store or trail angel will not hold the package.

I've set this up so you can copy and paste the address exactly as it should appear on the package (feel free to add package decorations)

I'll be hiking at a somewhat unpredictable pace and stopping only in certain post offices/trail angle houses/general stores so you'll have to pick the location from the list below with a date more than 3 weeks after when you plan to send your package. Also please email me to let me know its coming!  I may skip the post office if its out of the way and I don't know your package is there! For example: if today is May 2nd and you want to send me a package you could pick the Saufleys address under May 26 and send the package with lots of time for me to get there early or for the package to get there late.

May 6:
Mike Henrick
c/o General Delivery
Warner Springs, CA 92086

May 16
Mike Henrick
c/o General Deliver
Big Bear City, CA 92314

May 26
Mike Henrick
c/o The Saufleys
11861 Darling Road
Agua Dulce, CA 91390

June 8
Mike Henrick
c/o KENNEDY MEADOWS GENERAL STORE
96740 BEACH MEADOW RD
INYOKERN CA 93527


June 26
Mike Henrick
c\o General Delivery
Tuolomne Meadows
Yosemite National Park, CA 95389

July 27
Mike Henrick
c\o General Delivery
Dunsmuir, CA 96025

August 21
Mike Henrick
c\o General Delivery
Sisters, OR 97759

September 15
Mike Henrick
Expected Time of Arrival (9/15/2013)
c/o General Delivery
Snoqualmie Pass, WA 98068



September 26
Mike Henrick
c/o General Delivery
Stehekin, WA 98852
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment