Monday, April 22, 2013

Stove post!

I've had some questions about my stove, so I thought I would post a few pictures.

It's two soda cans cut and jammed together with an inner sleeve that creates a kind of gasification chamber between the outside soda can wall and the sleeve.  The 16 holes allow the hot alcohol gas from the chamber to be vented and burned. I actually forgot my lighter at home and had to use my "back up" sparker to light it.  The trick is to cup your hand over the top so the alcohol vapors can accumulate enough to be lit by sparks instead of a lighter.

 Here you can see the JB weld sealing the upper part of the chamber, it also seals the sleeve.  I cut two tiny triangles out of the bottom of the sleeve to allow alcohol into the chamber through the bottom. 

Home made wire mesh pot stand and disposable aluminum baking sheet wind screen complete the menagerie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment